From time immemorial Yoruba presenters are believed to be old and indigenous in all ramifications. While it was slightly possible to come across a few young men doing their thing in their native language on radio, young female Yoruba OAPs are like white lions, a very rare breed.
In recent times, advocacy for the Yoruba language has been strong. Different organizations and bodies are encouraging young people to embrace their native language and be proud of it whenever and wherever. In our bid to lend our voice to this commendable campaign and stay true to our core values at Primus Media, we have decided to beam our searchlight on 5 pretty and gorgeous young ladies who are making a definite statement by sticking to their native language on radio. Let’s introduce you to this pretty divas in no particular order;
1. MARY OJO is a graduate of the Federal University of Technology, Akure where she studied Rural Communication. She presents on Impact Business Radio and she host programmes like Òwe Tòní and Akájesékù half hour. Her command of the Yoruba Language and her deep understanding of the language is highly commendable.
2. AFOLAKEMI OYEWOLE is a pretty tall graduate of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta where she studied Mass Communication at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma Level. Afolakemi is a presenter on Jamz FM, Ibadan
3. ZAINAB FAKUNLE, popularly known as Eleha Senabu, is one of the most popular female Yoruba presenters now in the city of Ibadan. The cute humorous presenter is a graduate of Adeyemi College of Education Ondo where she studied Social Studies/Yoruba and presently a student of the premiere University of Ibadan, where she is studying Philosophy and Public Affairs. The 32FM presenter with R Factor is famous for her radio shows like Kayeefi, Owanbe, Ijaodola (which she co-hosts), Obinrin Iwoyi and her character in a live comedy drama (Ile-Ariwo).
4. RUTH OLAPOJU better known on air as Asaléwá is a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife where she studied Yoruba Language. She is presently a Masters Students at the University of Ibadan where she seeks to obtain her Masters Degree in Yoruba. The delectable presenter anchors several shows like Eto Obinrin, Eto re labe ofin, Jenwitemi Iroyin and Iroyin Kayefi on Space FM 90.1
5. RAHMAT KAJOLA is another pretty youngster on the airwaves of Ibadan city. Rahmat is a graduate of The Polytechnic Ibadan, where she studied Mass Communication. The fashionable Hijabbi does her thing with Inspiration FM, where she anchor programmes like; Ayoka, Kalekako, Laafin Inspiration and Akomolede. She is always a delight to listen to any day anytime.
Primus Media Blog shall catch up with each of this divas in the coming days, so don’t blink!